Friday, March 15, 2013

God Only Knows.


    This past Thursday evening I had the privilege to close Eucharistic Adoration at my parish, Assumption B.V.M. In Pulaski, WI  It was a rough week for me as I started a different position at my regular work and was having a hard time returning to the production floor after my regular job of 8 years was eliminated.

    I went to adoration early so I could just sit and talk with our Lord but was really having a hard time trying to say what I wanted to say. It is times like this that I get a little frustrated and luckily I had brought along a prayer book.

   As I was flipping through the pages one prayer caught my eye. It was called "Prayer without Words", and it went like this.

   Here I am, Lord, in front of You without words.

   No words; this is not because I am overcome at this moment by Your ineffable mystery:
Nor is it because I am distracted by my lively imagination, and the million fancies of my mind and heart.

   I am without words as a naked reality because I don't know what to tell You.
It is of no value the little theology I know and all the things of faith I have heard and accepted with enthusiasm.

   I feel like running, but stay,without words, without thought. Formulated prayers run through my mind.

   Incoherence, extreme poverty, God only knows. - Anna Teresa Cicollini

   That prayer pretty much summed it up for me, and I was content to just sit there and be in the presence of my savior, and Lord. I took comfort that He knew, and that, at that time and place, I didn't need words.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment